AT THE CONSERVATORY
As we enter into our last 2 weeks of classes, we continue with our HYBRID Classes through
Thursday, July 30
Due to unavailability of performing spaces, our Summer Workshops will be held Fri, 7/30 and Sat, 8/01 at our very own IN–STUDIO Theatre. The shows will be LIVE streamed on ZOOM for those of you who would like to watch from the comfort of your own home.
Dress Rehearsals and Class photos, July 27-30
FRIDAY, JULY 31, 8 PM
Beginner, Intermediate, Apprentice, Pre-Professional. Individual Student Award for Progress, Attendance and Attitude
VIRTUAL CLASS AWARD
Beginner, Intermediate, Apprentice,
Pre-ProfessionalClass that displayed outstanding teamwork, general
pleasantness, focus during online
classes–the "Pleasure to work with class"!
FRIDAY, JULY 31 - 6:00 PM
Creative Movement, PreBallet, Dance 1, Tap 2, Tap 3, Performance 1
REPERTORY: Fairies from "Sleeping Beauty", Ballerina Girl, Diamond or
Crystal Fairy Variation, "Secret"
FRIDAY, JULY 31 - 8:00 PM
Apprentice & Pre–Professional Program Repertory–From BAYOU–"Mardi Gras", Dances from "La Bayadere"
SATURDAY, AUGUST 1 - 11:00 AM
Level A, B1, Dance 2, Performance 2, Tap 1, Dance 5
REPERTORY: Scarf Dance, Ballerina Girl, Diamond or Crystal Fairy
SATURDAY, AUGUST 1 - 2:00 PM
Elem 1, B1/B2, Contemporary 2, Dance 3, Performance 3
REPERTORY: Fairies from "Sleeping Beauty", Ballerina Girl, "Shades"
Variation, Diamond or Crystal Fairy Var
SATURDAY, AUGUST 1 - 5:00 PM
B2, Performance 1, Tap 4, Dance 4
REPERTORY: Pas D'Action, Ballerina Girl, Diamond or Crystal Fairy
GUIDELINES FOR PERFORMERS
Performances to be 30–45 min long.
Only water is allowed in the In–Studio Theatre.
We will be assigning (3) major Dressing areas for the students.
For students 12 & below, wearing a mask is OPTIONAL.
Above 12, you must wear a mask upon arrival and
while watching the shows.
There will be (3) Dressing areas for students.
If you have a COSTUME CHANGE, you will be assigned
one of them upon arrival
• Bring wipes and a small bottle of sanitizer with you. Studio will provide these at different stations.
• Arrive at the Conservatory no earlier than 20 minutes before your scheduled show, unless otherwise specified.
• Performers should arrive already dressed in your costume, with your hair and makeup done.
• If you are in more than (1) one piece, please make sure you have a tote bag with your other costumes and shoes, ALL Properly LABELLED. After your first piece, you will be guided to the specified dressing area.
• You will stay with your Parent(s) or Guardian(s) until you are called for your performance.
• After your turn, you will sit with your parent(s) or guardian(s) until you are summoned for the FINAL Bows, one class at a time
GUIDELINES FOR AUDIENCE
Since we are still under Phase 2 under the State of Delaware's COVID-19 Guidelines, please observe the following:
• Masks are required at the in the In–Studio Theatre. Please observe the rules of Social–Distancing
• There will be a maximum of (5) attendees per student allowed in the Theatre. This will include only immediate family and primary Guardians
• Chairs will be provided. Seating will be on a first come–first serve basis. Studio doors will open 20 minutes before showtime
• Attendance is FREE. Donations are WELCOME.
There will be Volunteer and Experienced Moms who will be available to help with costume changes.
Summer Program 2020
MODIFIED REGULAR PROGRAM
Tuition: $55/once a week classes. 2 or more classes $90
Mon, 5–5:45 pm
Level A/Elementary 1
B1 Wed, 4:00–4:45 pm
B1/B2 & B2 Thurs, 5:00–6:00 pm
Dance 1 Tues, 6:30–7:15 pm
Dance 2/3 Tues, 6:00–6:45 pm
Performance 1 Mon, 6:00–6:45 pm
Performance 2 Thurs, 4:00–4:30 pm
Tap 1 Fri, 5:00–5:45 pm
Contemporary 1 Fri, 4:00–4:45 pm
Mondays through Fridays
Tuition: $ 684
Tuition $ 775
Ballet, Pointe & Variations, Repertory, Contemporary, Modern, Jazz, Choreography & Improvisation, Conditioning, Theatre & Music, Dance Resources
FOR NEW STUDENTS
Creative Movement (3–4 yr olds Thurs, 5:00–5:45 pm
Ballet/Jazz (5–8 yr olds) Tues, 5:00–5:45 pm
Ballet/Jazz (9–Teens) Wed, 5:00–5:45 pm
Contemporary, Jazz, Ballet,Musical Theatre including
A.T. Moffett, winner of the DE Division of the Arts'
Artist of the Year Award (Dance, 2018)
Connor McGiffin (DC Alumna, 2010). Toured extensively
with Broadway national touring companies including
"Jekyll & Hyde", "Annie" & "Bullets Over Broadway"
NEW! "Dancers' Resource" Class
Our young dancers will learn how to create and design their
own web page, utilize social media to create a professional dancer
profile, and learn to write meaningful essays on dance–related topics.
Teacher: Krista Jarrell, Graduate, Stage Design,
Savannah School of Art & Design
(DC Alumna, 2016)
will continue to follow-up on
Dr. Adam Maday's "Balanced Flexibility and Conditioning" session.
Jasmine Urban will be back for her
"Pilates–based Mat Class"
During these difficult times it is crucial to stay inspired! It is important to know that no matter what happens, we are not alone and we will get through these times together! We have compiled some videos and links to help our students to stay inspired to dance.